First 2012 Audi TT-RS delivered in U.S.

Bookmark and Share

To mark the return the Audi RS lineup to the American, Forth Worth Audi in Texas has delivered the first 2012 Audi TT-RS to veteran race car driver Don Istook.

In fact, Istook was one of the 11,500+ fans to sign the Audi TT-RS Facebook petition drive, which helped convince Audi to bring the coupe to the US. He is a longtime Audi enthusiast, having raced Quattro coupes in the mid-1980s. According to the Istook, "I like my street car to give me some of that thrill. With my new Audi TT-RS, I not only get that thrill but I also get that 'race car' sound."

As we have reported, the TT-RS is equipped by a turbocharged 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine with 355 hp and 465 Nm of torque. It is linked to a 6-speed manual gearbox which enables the coupe to accelerate from 0-96 km/h in 4.1 seconds.

In the U.S., the Audi TT RS has a starting price of $56,850.